Elizabeth Rider), this granola is pretty much already famous - if you eat it once, you'll want to eat it again and again. It can be customized endlessly: add cinnamon or subtract raisins to your heart's content - you can't go wrong. The How To:
- Heat your oven to 300 degrees and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix oats, nuts, dried fruit, pumpkin seeds, and salt.
- Melt the coconut oil and pour it over the dry mixture. Add the honey, vanilla extract, and almond extract and mix until combined.
- Pour granola into prepared baking sheet, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes, stir, bake for another 10 minutes.
- Let sit on the counter until cool and enjoy!
- Try toasting the nuts in a cast iron before adding them (this is easy - really!)
- You want the granola to bake in a thin layer to make sure everything gets toasted - divide it between two pans if necessary
- Granola keeps well in a tightly sealed container for up to two weeks (but good luck keeping it around that long)